Senior SQA Engineer
RGB Networks is seeking a Senior SQA Engineer to join our growing Sunnyvale, CA development team.
Building on success in digital video, RGB Networks has transformed into a leader in multiscreen IP video, working closely with the world’s largest cable and telecom operators to define and implement the newest era of video delivery. With the industry’s most scalable solutions for delivering and monetizing TV Everywhere services, RGB is leading development of the next generation of technologies for transcoding, packaging and ad insertion in live and on-demand IP video environments.
About the Position
- Reporting to the Director SQA System Test, the Senior SQA Engineer will work with RGB’s unique video processing products. Candidate will be expected to work closely with software and hardware developers as well as your SQA peers. Candidate will provide status on testing progress to SQA leads and management personnel as well as achieve stated goals for test verification.
- Testing of RGB products.
- Create, implement and revise comprehensive test plans for RGB products
- Participate in HW/SW functional specification reviews
- Provide detailed product defect information for bug tracking
- Conduct manual and automated systems integration and regression testing
- Work with development staff to resolve software and hardware defects
- Provide input to Lead SQA team members for test effort assessment, equipment evaluations, and interoperability testing
- Provide detailed reports on testing progress and issues.
- Updating and maintaining test management databases.
- Provide training to SQA peers on new software or hardware
About the Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in EE/CS or equivalent experience in a related industry
- 5-7+ years experience in QA role testing video or data networking products
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following: Networking and related protocols, TCP/IP, IPTV, IGMP, MPEG-2 and H.264 protocols, digital broadcast
- Experience with adaptive video or streaming video is a plus.
- Extensive experience in SQA test process and methodologies including writing test plans
- Experience in submitting of defects, with clearly defined symptoms and related information to address the issue.
- Experience with test case management systems.
- Experience in writing test plans from project requirements, functional specs and standards specs.
- Scripting, using PERL or Python is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked work environment as part of a product team is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About our Benefits
With development offices in Sunnyvale, CA and Austin, TX, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance
***PRINCIPALS ONLY PLEASE*** RGB Networks is not currently accepting applications from third party agencies. Any resumes/applications received from third party agencies that were not specifically requested by RGB will be deemed unsolicited and therefore no fee will be due to the agency for any placement.